Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    billy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb REALLY BIG EXTRICATION

Please list the things that would entice you to attend a week-long heavy truck/bus extrication program. Be as specific as you can.

e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

1. have it in NEW JERSEY
    2. have lots of trucks to cut apart new and old alike...and even some crashed ones would be nice.
    3. Good food for meals!
    4. Reasonable cost
    5. Good handouts and AV aids

------------------
    The opinions and views expressed herin are solely mine and not on the behalf of any department or organization I belong to.

billy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

e33,
    What would you consider a reasonable cost for a week-long program, with 25+ hours hands-on and a 3 ring binder full of good info.?

e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

im guessin a few hundred bucks..you would know better id think. I would also suggest it be 3 or 4 days rather than a week...may get more participants that way!

------------------
    The opinions and views expressed herin are solely mine and not on the behalf of any department or organization I belong to.

Twostix
    Firehouse.com Guest

Definite interest here Billy! Mid-Atlantic area preferred, but anywhere in East is doable. Suggest you emphasize trucks as school bus classes are easier to find. If you go Monday to Friday, weekends are available for travel. Might get more candidates if time off from work doesn't enter second week. You might also offer observer positions(no hands-on participation). Looking forward to it.
    -Twostix-

cacfpd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

We did a one day disaster drill involving several departments in our area. It consisted of a school bus which overturned as a result of being hit by a fire truck. We obtained a schoolbus chasis from a local salvage yard, and used a deralict fire truck for the drill. Yours truly perished as the "driver" of the fire truck. The Red Cross also participated to make this a realistic drill. (hope it never really happens).

Stay Safe
    Dave
    CACFPD

Thread Information