Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    BTALLCHIEF
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool HIGH PRESSURE LIFTING BAGS

OUR DEPARTMENT IS LOOKING FOR INFO ON HIGH PRESSURE LIFTING BAGS, ANY BRANDS AND THE PROS AND CONS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. A NEIGHBORING DEPARTMENT HAS A MAT-JACK BRAND, GOOD OR BAD?

Halligan84
    Firehouse.com Guest

check out the resqtek NT bags.. best of both worlds.. 147 psi operating pressure and high lift.. only 1/2 inch thicker than flat bags. small bag does 27 tons up to 4 inches, med does 64 tons to 8 inchesa and the big bag does about 140 tons... we have had them for a month or so, happy so far.

MetalMedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Wish we had air bags on our truck. Zumro is a common brand around this area. As with anything else, I would shop around and ask for lots of demonstrations.

------------------
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

firetoad
    Firehouse.com Guest

Our department has used the Matjack brand for some time now(at least 3 1/2 years). They work pretty good, beside the fact of high-pressure airbag instability. Remember this too, many airbags, when they are rated for capacity, are measured with only one inch of inflation. Now, this is not true with all, but most. As the lifting height increases, the lifting capacity decreases. Even this being true though, I have yet to been unable to lift anything with any of the 3 sizes of bags that we have.
    Hope this helps a little!

------------------
    Todd Metzger
    tmetz@umr.edu
    RRFD, 422
    Senior Firefighter/Engineer/Mentor Coordinator
    Training Committee
    Region I Emerg. Mutual Aid-
    Phelps County Area Coordinator
    Firefighter I & II

pokeyfd12
    Firehouse.com Guest

I have never used Mat-Jack brand but have seen them used and haven't heard anything bad about them.
    My rescue company has had Vetter air bags (now owned and operated by Paratech) and haven't had much trouble except age and physical extreme damage from incidents.

The Paratech bags that we have are easy to set up and use and they have a wide selection of different bags for different purposes (lifting, pipe sealing, tanker truck sealing etc). I haven't really looked at other manufacturers but I know Paratech has color coded everything and is pretty idiot proof. The only drawback to Paratech is that we can't get parts for our older bags due to Vetter closing shop and moving back to Germany.
    Hope this helped a little.

Rescue Lt. Kevin C.

Ron Shaw
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

I personally like the NT airbags, for the reasons already mentioned. However if your department doesn't have the funds for the ResQtek, try the Hurst medium bags. They come in a two bag or three bag configuration. These are interconnected and do not come apart.

You can as for the local dealer to come give a demo, that is the best way to determine which is best for your department.

------------------
    Ron Shaw
    http://www.extrication.com

Thread Information