Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
    Forum Member

Default PowerPoint Presentation: Airbags/ROPS

Hello!

I like to inform you, that we (a group of german firefighters, non-commercial) set up a powerpoint presentation about airbags and rops and how emergency responders could handle accidents with this devices.

This presentation is available for free on our homepage Airbag&Co. I didn't had the time to translate it into english yet, but I think the presentation could also be interessting for you, because there are about 70 pictures/photos on 50 different slides. The procedures we explain in this slides are very similar with the procedures used in the usa. I like to thank Ron Moore and Ron Shaw for the good informations they provide on this webpage and on www.extrication.com!

Because it could be difficult for you do download this presentation without speaking german I like to explain how you will find the link to download it:

* Go to http://airbag.feuerwehr.org
    * Click the "Download"-Button on the left side!
    * You will find a new page with a form on it. Please fill out this form, you will not get any ads!
    ** Dienstgrad means your position/rank in the department
    ** Name means Name
    ** Funktion means Function in the department
    ** Feuerwehr means Fire-Department (which department do you belong)
    ** E-Mail means email
    * Click the "Abschicken"-Button!
    * You will now get on our download-site, our presentation is the one with 9,9 MB! To download it, click on the link with the right mousebutton and chosse "safy as..."!
    * You will now download the ppt to your pc! There you have to unzip it before you can use it!

I would be very thankful if you would also share some of your powerpoint presentations about all extrication topics with me. You could use my email-adress: joerg.heck@feuerwehr-mainz.de if you like to send me something.

Have a nice day and happy downloading
    Jorg Heck
    Airbag&Co, Germany/Austria
    http://airbag.feuerwehr.org

Joerg,
    Thank you very much for putting together this presentation and for making it available to all of us.

I just had the oppertunity to look through it and although I don't understand German I was able to get a basic Idea of what was being said.

Also the pictures and graphics are First Rate. If you ever do find the time to translate this for us - please let me know.

Now - for everyone else - if you haven't taken the time to download this and look it over - you owe it to yourself to do so now.

I understand that for those of you in the "Dial-Up" world that this almost 10MB file is a huge chunk to get, but set it before you go to bed and when you wake up the next morning it will be all finished.

Thanks once again for a very profesional looking presentation and your willingness to share information.

Take Care - Stay Safe
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Well done on an excellant package!

If anyone hasn't downloaded it- DO IT!!!

Its well worth the effort....
    Luke

MembersZone Subscriber

Default New version of the PPT

Hello!

A few years have passed since we made the presentation about airbags and rops. So it was time to make an update and also chance the layout of the power point slides a bit.

The presentation now has 5 MB and nearly 50 slides. It is in germany because I don't have the time to translate it into english but I think it has some good pictures for your training and some slides are self explaining. If you like to download it follow the instruction at the beginning of this thread, its the file located on the top of the Downlad-Site.

If you download the presentation I would like to hear your oppinion and questions...

I wish you a happe new year
    Jorg Heck
    Moditech Rescue Solutions B.V.
    http://www.moditech.com

This is SO just what I have been looking for to use in EMT-B extrication training. This is going to be downloaded the second I get home to my high-speed connection.

Thank JorgHeck for providing the resource to us! I haven't seen it yet but it sounds most excellent!
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

I downloaded it the other day and it looks very good. It took me about 1/2 an hour on my 56.6 dial-up connection.

I tried one of those free online german-english document translators on it, and it worked reasonably well. One of my Lieutenant's wife is German, so once we get some spare time around here she said she would help me with some final translation and grammer corrections that the computer couldn't figure out (Joerg - your Germans sure know how to use any given word in 20 different ways

Good photos and graphics as well.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Outstanding!!!

I also used one of those online translators. Works reasonbly well. Come Monday, I will bring both versions of the PowerPoint to the State University and have them translate it for me correctly. Jorg, thank you so much for being willing to share this information. I'm sure it will go along way in helping many other rescue personel.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank you for your good comments. It would be great to get back one of the translatet versions of the presentation, so I can also put it on our download webpage. My e-mail-Account (joerg.heck@feuerwehr-mainz.de) is able to recieve big emails and I have a broadband connection, so just send translatet versions to me.

It would be nice if you name http://airbag.feuerwehr.org as the source of the information when you use the presentation or parts of it for your training.
    Jorg Heck

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Example slides

Here are some example slides...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jorg Heck

MembersZone Subscriber

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jorg Heck

Forum Member

After I get them back from the college I will send them both your way. You will definately get the credit for it. I will be adding several of these slides to my current PowerPoint.

Thanks again. Jim H

Forum Member

Bigrig, can you e-mail me again, I sent a reply and it bounced back to me.

Thanks Jim H

It would be nice if you name http://airbag.feuerwehr.org as the source of the information
    My friend, it is in there. Thanks for the slides!
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoergHeck View Post
    Hello!

I like to inform you, that we (a group of german firefighters, non-commercial) set up a powerpoint presentation about airbags and rops and how emergency responders could handle accidents with this devices.

This presentation is available for free on our homepage Airbag&Co. I didn't had the time to translate it into english yet, but I think the presentation could also be interessting for you, because there are about 70 pictures/photos on 50 different slides. The procedures we explain in this slides are very similar with the procedures used in the usa. I like to thank Ron Moore and Ron Shaw for the good informations they provide on this webpage and on www.extrication.com!

Because it could be difficult for you do download this presentation without speaking german I like to explain how you will find the link to download it:

* Go to http://airbag.feuerwehr.org
    * Click the "Download"-Button on the left side!
    * You will find a new page with a form on it. Please fill out this form, you will not get any ads!
    ** Dienstgrad means your position/rank in the department
    ** Name means Name
    ** Funktion means Function in the department
    ** Feuerwehr means Fire-Department (which department do you belong)
    ** E-Mail means email
    * Click the "Abschicken"-Button!
    * You will now get on our download-site, our presentation is the one with 9,9 MB! To download it, click on the link with the right mousebutton and chosse "safy as..."!
    * You will now download the ppt to your pc! There you have to unzip it before you can use it!

I would be very thankful if you would also share some of your powerpoint presentations about all extrication topics with me. You could use my email-adress: joerg.heck@feuerwehr-mainz.de if you like to send me something.

Have a nice day and happy downloading
    thanking you

Forum Member

I can't seem to find where the "download" button is on the left hand side of the page and the one at the top right does not take me to a registration page. So how did everyone else find it??

MembersZone Subscriber

Good question..neither did I.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well, the original post is nearly 9 years old. Hopefully they have redesigned their website since then.

On another note, I used Google Translate to sift through the website and register, but it still won't let me download anything. I'm going to give it a day or so and see if I can do it again. If I'm successful, I'll try to post instructions or a direct link once you register.

Thread Information