Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEMA Grants

Cool

7Tower,
    Looks like you did a good job on your cover letter and for the record no one is upset with you getting your grant, but what firefighters are upset with is (Scenerio) Hoffman Estates showns need for a new pumper and get it. They are the richest city per capita in Illinois. Go to fire-ems.net and look at their equipment listing and service area of 7 or 19 square mile of service area. In Illinois if you wasn't from the Chicago area your odds fell very drastically. I too contacted Senator Dick Durbin of Chicago and Congressman David Phelps which happens to live in my city, and I still didn't get a grant. I now live and learn from those that were funded and have copies on hand. If I read it and am impressed then I use it otherwise, trashcan. I also found in Senator Dick Durbins press releases of him bringing in people from FEMA to show the Mayors and Chiefs of the Chicago area how to write the grants. I must be to far South to be invited to Chicago to learn the does and don'ts of the finer art of grant writing. As for my Congressman I think he has other problems with the Chicago Congressmen voting to redistrict and doing away with the Illinois 19th Congressional District as the population of Illinois has lessened. Maybe I can write a grant to Fund my Congressman!

Thumbs up

7Tower,
    Want a crash course on ISO. Go to
    http://www.isoslayer.com and click on your next fire rating, you can print it off but you"ll need a reem of paper and a new print cartiage as it is approximately 175 pages long.

7Tower,
    Try http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Trails/6658 if you have troubles getting into isoslayer.

James --

I am from a FC in N. Jersey who was fortunate enought to receive a FEMA grant. That being said, I would like to know what FC you are referring to and are you referring to the 2001 list, since the list on FEMA's website shows no FC in New Jersey awarded $45,000 for Wellness & Fitness and all of the ones that were awarded grants for Wellness & Fitness that are in North Jersey I will help you find since I believe they do all exist.

Just wondering if FEMA was not awarding grants last year for thermal imaging camera's. I was told by a MSA salesman they heard grants wouldn't be awarded for them.

Your MSA rep was correct, you could have applied for a TIC under Firefighting Equipment. If you filled the form out correctly and had a good narrative you could have been awarded the money just like anyone else.

I haven't heard yet whether there will be any new categories for 2002 but you can try this year under the F.E. category.

Good luck.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

Thread Information