Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    lady firefighter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Regardless of how I or anyone else feels, the changes in Wayne are now inevitable. The members of Wayne should be proud of the services they have provided and are still providing for the township.

Mr. Knobman, good for you that you are a professional paid firefighter. It is an accomplishment for anyone to get through the processes, get on a department and to perform the job well. However, just because a fire department is nonunion does not mean that it is not professional, to say that is unreasonable. Part of being professional is the ability to get along with other agencies, regardless of their status with the union. Such a subject is irrelevant on a scene of an emergency.

There is nothing wrong with pride in the union, but there is also nothing wrong with being proud of being a volunteer. As a volunteer I have completed more than a "few hours of fire school," and have gained invaluable experience as a firefighter and emt. I have also had the opportunity to meet some of the most knowledgable, wonderful, and professional brothers and sisters I could ever hope to fight fire with.

Knobman, I hope you and others like you at least keep and open mind, and remember that the fire service has strong roots in volunteerism, and respect the fact that without volunteers your department would probably not be where it is today.

DFDGREG
    Firehouse.com Guest

First of all, Hats off to WTFD and good luck in the transition.

Second, knobman your screenname fits you well!!! KNOB, but sounds more like a boy than a man.You have no clue as to how thing's happen in the real world on training, staffing,ect.

Stay safe
    Greg

KNOBMAN
    Firehouse.com Guest

dfd-greg i guess i don't have a
    clue in reference to staffing or
    eduction. LOL i guess the county
    doesn't have a clue either. from
    what i have read about this topic
    the vollies could not handle the
    responses and the county is going
    to supplement them with career
    firefighters. the super vollies in
    turn trash me because i tell the
    truth. volly world firefighting is
    not like it used to be, can you get
    it through your head?! for all the
    so called firefighter who said, man
    i hope you dn't get in an accident
    in my area, thanks, i appriciate
    that.

lady firefighter nice comment. k.m.

p.s. how can i be rude by telling
    the truth? or is it you don't
    want to face reality?

------------------

UNION AND PROUD OF IT!

Administrator

Arrow

Sorry Folks

It was probably inevitable that this post would turn into a career/volunteer battle, which in the end goes no where, just back and forth.

Thanks for everyone's input regarding this topic.

Firehouse.Com WebTeam

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread Information