Question Pay Per Call

I am in need of a pay per call program.
    Do they work?
    Are there any good S.O.P's you can share with
    me?
    Any info would be helpful.

Sledgehammer57
    Firehouse.com Guest

My first question is are you talking about a token payment? If so, I can tell you that it does have some merit but if you are expecting it to motivate someone out of bed at 3 am --- FORGET IT - it ain't going to happen. My department has a pay per call plan that pays $5 per call. The program has helped boost morale - especially when the end of the year gets near (we pay once a year). We have also built incentives into the program to motivate attendance at training, business meetings, and other functions. This is accomplished by requiring certain minimum requirements to receive 50%, 75%, or 100% of potential earnings. If you are interested in more info - feel free to e-mail me.

edfc
    Firehouse.com Guest

I spent 4 years in England and they have a pay per call system, their volunteer system is referred to as "retained firefighters". As I recalled they received payment for calls for training and other functions. Perhaps somebody within the website is from England and can provide more info.

stephen
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'm from the Windsor Vol. Fire Dept. ( WIlson Company) in Connecticut. We have a payment plan that works like this. A set amount is put in every years budget to cover firefighter payments. This number is split in half for two payments ( one in May and one in early Dec ). The officers get a set amount extra for their extra time required
    ( from $1000 for the assistant chief to $250 for LT )then the rest is divided based on the amount of calls per the 6 months. Our average amount is approx. 5 - 6 dollars per hour or part of a hour. If you want a direct copy of the plan, email me at LT708@home.com

Put the wet stuff on the red stuff and keep safe

Thread Information