Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    tc1chief
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post How do I join the IAFF

I need your help, My department is wanting to join the IAFF. if you can offer any assistance or leads please let me know.

NUMBY
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I am a president of a new IAFF local, i dont know a whole lot yet, but my understanding is that it is up to the individual local as to if they want the chief to be able to join or not. We do not let our chief in, but that is up to the local to decide in their by-laws. I beleive a lot of locals are everything from assistant chief down, some dont let any officers in at all. I think it is good that you are interested, when we decided to join, our chief was totally against the idea and it somewhat changed how he acts towards us. Good Luck to you and the entire local.

------------------
    Anything left in the forums is my opinion and does not reflect my department or any organization i belong to.

bfd1071
    Firehouse.com Guest

Numby

I think he wanted to know how HIS DEPT can join the IAFF, not only himself.

------------------
    ** The opionions are mine and mine alone, they are not that of my dept or the local**

bfd1071
    Firehouse.com Guest

Numby

I think he wanted to know how HIS DEPT can join the IAFF, not only himself.

------------------
    ** The opionions are mine and mine alone, they are not that of my dept or the local**

NUMBY
    Firehouse.com Guest

If you need information on how the department can join, contact the IAFF at (202)737-8484. They will put you in contact with the district vice president of your area. He then should be able to get things going for you. You can find out a lot about the organization at their website, www.iaff.org

------------------
    Anything left in the forums is my opinion and does not reflect my department or any organization i belong to.

Thread Information