Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Dalmation90
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile Mill Drill 11/99...

goto to www.mortlake.org
    Near the top you'll see the link to the Wauregan Drill Pictures...go there to see a traditional New England Mill and a 10,000 gpm drafting operation (OK...the hose lays were all under a 1000' )
    Matt

Hammerhead338
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Hey Matt. I like the site, sounds like it would be a nice place to visit and see the old buildings. Looks like you all have been working for awhile on how best to fight a fire at the place, and it said that it was sprinklered, bet that was a pain to install in that old of a buildings.

Have a good day and be safe.

Joe
    Local 3905

DD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Nice drill and presentation. How do you get enough time to come up with your posts? I hardly have enough time to read all of them.

Aff
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Matt,
    Excellent drill. I noticed the spools with your LDH, how fast can you safely deploy this?
    Stay safe...
    Mark

Dalmation90
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

We figure on laying hose from our truck at 1000'/minute as a standard number to plug in when figuring out timings...but it takes the most time at the start of lays, and going around turns so a short lay of 2000' may take 3-4 minutes, but a 4000' only takes 6 minutes or so.

As for time...I spend way too much time on computers sometimes! But then again...it's taken me nearly four weeks to get around to getting this written up and posted...and the Pomfret drill took me 3 months to get to.

Aff
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Thanks, Matt.
    Mark

Truckie from Missouri
    Firehouse.com Guest

Excellent presentation!

And yeah, the chief's camera vs. walkie talkie.... it's got my vote!!!

------------------
    Proud Member of IAFF Local 3133!

Stay safe.

Kenny

***DISCLAIMER***
    All postings I have &/or will post are strictly my opinions. I am representing only myself here, not the IAFF, Local 3133, or my employer. No animals were/will be harmed from the production of this disclaimer. Thank you.
    ***END OF DISCLAIMER***

Thread Information