Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jwbfd
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Forcible entry simulator

I am trying to find Information on a forcible entry simulator. The maker is a New York fireman. This tool mounts to a door and it gives you practice using the irons. This tool appeared in a Fire Engineering magizine some time ago. Anyone with info please contact me.

stvfd88
    Firehouse.com Guest

I saw this simulator last year at the Expo in Baltimore. Being curious, I gave it a try. Rather nice piece of equipment! I lobbied for one in my department, but, it was shot down because of a cost vs usage issue. I say a training tool like that has a value beyond a dollar amount. I wish I knew where to get it..I'll check in my files to see if I picked up the brochure. If so, I will send it your way. Be safe!

------------------
    Scott Lambert
    Seminole Trail Volunteer Fire Department

Truckie from Missouri
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Doesn't that figure? Cost v. usage shoots a valuable training tool out the window. Seems to me, the LESS a technique is used, the MORE it should be trained on!

Just my HUMBLE opinion.

------------------
    Proud Member of IAFF Local 3133!

Stay safe.

Ken

***DISCLAIMER***
    All postings I have &/or will post are strictly my opinions. I am representing only myself here, not the IAFF, Local 3133, or my employer. No animals were/will be harmed from the production of this disclaimer. Thank you.
    ***END OF DISCLAIMER***

SKEETER243
    Firehouse.com Guest

jwbfd,

I've seen this simulator avertised and it looks like an excellent training device. However, if cost is your obstacle, try a different approach:

Locate an old door & jamb and mount it in a frame of 2X4's. It doesn't have to be hung perfect. Pry, bang, force until the door is structurally useless.

Save the hardware (hinges, locksets not damaged) and the reuse the 2X4's. Discard the door.

These door are fairly easy to find and are free. Any construction site where renovations are being done. Contact a contractor who does demolition or renovation. They'll be happy to assist and you'll have a continuous supply of doors that you can completely destroy (just like real life F/E).

Sure this takes a little extra effort, but, if you get your company invovled, you can have others looking for doors and have probies hang the doors (the best way to tear something apart is to know how it is built!).

Try it, your comrades will love it, and they'll think more of you for going the extra mile to train them.

Good Luck,

RESPOND WITH PRIDE. COME HOME ALIVE.

Phred
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Check out the "PowerJamb" - I think that is the simulator your are looking for. They have a web site at: http://www.powerjamb.com .

The site links to a Firehouse Magazine atricle featuring the training aid.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default forcible entry simulator

check out this site for a forcible entry simulator www.css-safetyservices.com

Forum Member

The forcible entry class I took last fall in Louisville,Ky had a trailer mock up with doors and windows for us to pry and prod until we got it open.They used wooden dowels in place of the deadbolts so we could break them and still be easier to replace for the next student.After 6 hours of us driving Halligans into the jambs and prying on them,the doors just looked like they'd been in use a few years at a house full of kids.
    The roof had plywood sheets for us to cut away on and then could be ready for the next student as well.
    One thing I noticed was how few of us "tried before we pried".Even me,the first time.

Forum Member

Thumbs up Friction Force , forcible entry training door

I saw one in Baltimore, and it was the same one I saw in Springfield, MA earlier this year. It was designed by a Bridgeport CT FF. He has a website, WWW.FRICTIONFORCE.net. It was quite impressive. JIM

Forum Member

All you need is a piece of steal plate with a bunch of holes in it. Just put the plate across the door and the frame. Then take some metal tapping screws and screw the plate to the jam and the door! In the basement of my firehouse we have a full simulator set up. Kinda of hard to explain, I'll try to take some pics of it and post them!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefiftyfive
    Kinda of hard to explain, I'll try to take some pics of it and post them!

That would be cool thanks.

We have one in the basement of our quarters, I think most FDNY house do. Most are made up from angle iron and welded together with scrap. We use real doors we get from the streets. (project building across from quarters is great for this). Get someone who can weld...and have a blast. Using wooden dowls is a cheap and inexpensive way to get the technique down.
    IACOJ Member

http://engine1ladder1.com/door/index.htm

This is the setup in 69/28 quarters. We dont have one in our quarters, but 92/44 do.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

That link was great, thanks. I am thinking of making one for a FE class.

Forum Member

GFDLT1: The picks that nyckftbl posted are almost exact pictures of what we have in my firehouse! Right down to the piece of steel with all the holes drilled in it.. It is an excellent training tool !! Plus it can give you a pretty good work out sometimes (depending on how many screws you put in it)!

Forum Member

Call me stupid if you will, but are you forcing the side of the door where the lock is (ie outward opening door) or are you forcing the other side for an inward opening door? I couldn't tell from the pic but can the door be used to simulate both?

Forum Member

That Friction Force door is pretty good. My department purchased one. We beat the s**t out of it and it is continues to be fully functional. No need to seek door after door - it is made of heavy gauge steel. As you pry, the door gives / offsets, allowing you to drive the fork of the Halligan around and "snap" the door (lock) open. forcethedoor.com

Quote Originally Posted by redbarn
    I saw one in Baltimore, and it was the same one I saw in Springfield, MA earlier this year. It was designed by a Bridgeport CT FF. He has a website, WWW.FRICTIONFORCE.net. It was quite impressive. JIM
    Why not just post "this is the one I sell...?"

MembersZone Subscriber

Check out nyfiretraining.com

MembersZone Subscriber

forgot about fire ground tech????

Forum Member

I think the one you seek was designed by the Sr. Guy in 175 truck. I will get you the website

http://firehouseinnovations.com/
    6019 #47x

Thread Information