Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MARK AKINS
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Handlightd/Flashlights

Brothers & Sisters,
    What type of handlights or flashlights do you use? How do you carry them, belt, sling,etc.
    I am in search of a good,dependable light that will last for more than an hour or so.
    Any help will be appreciated

------------------
    MARK AKINS

ADSN/WFLD
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry a rechargable DACOR light on a sling, (a seatbelt sewn together with the buckle still attached), I feel that if you use a sling you need some way of getting it off of yourself in an emergency without pulling it over your head.
    I also carry a super Saberlite as a backup

I've tried cheeper lights but found that they just didn't hold up to the extremes of firefighting.

colfireman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking

Hi there.Each firefighter is outfittted with their own stramlight syclone light.It's mounted either on helmet or clipped to their jacket.as for larger lights Stramlight liteboxes.(no straps just handles)

FyredUp
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry a Streamlight Survivor XL-90. It hangs on a loop on the front of my coat. It is light lasts over an hour and recharges in about an hour.

Medic445
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry a Streamlight Survivor clipped to the front of my coat and have a 3"c" cell super saber light in my pocket as a spare.

Looper
    Firehouse.com Guest

Stealth light (4AA) in the pocket of my bunker pants. In the trucks we have survivors, box lights, and a few steamlights.

Firehose
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry a Super Sabrelite 3 C cell lite. it handles great, easy to turn on/off with gloves and does a great job.

Good Luck,
    Firehose

pyroknight
    Firehouse.com Guest

Wink

We carry a LiteBox over our shoulder on any call we bunker up for (interior obviously). We're issued helmet mounted "AA" powered lights that are great for movin' around in the dark. I carry two Super Sabre lights as backup, but then I shoulda been born a truckie. My pockets are full of $h1t. What the hell are you doin' in the dark for over an hour that has to do with FIREFIGHTING anyway? Don't you come up for (spare) air?

RVFDCapt
    Firehouse.com Guest

I carry a SuperSabrelite in my bunker pants and we have Sabrelite Lite Boxes on our engine. We usually don't worry about using light anyway until we get initial knockdown.

TXFIRE6
    Firehouse.com Guest

Streamlight Survivor for 5 years now, and by far the most durable/brightest light for its size ive found. Its like timex..it takes a licking, and keeps on ticking..pluse its good (UL certified) for use in explosive atmospheres. clips easily on bunker coat. and doesn't get in the way, but its always there when u need it...We now have replaced our old hand lights on the engines/trucks with them with the exceptioon of one Streamlight Lightbox on each unit for more lighting when needed.

Aerial 131
    Firehouse.com Guest

Super Saber is the way to go, have yet broke it 5 years, can not seem to lose it string, hook ring tie off and it works under very wet conditions, underwater in basement, fell in.

------------------

PLFDT1
    Firehouse.com Guest

mark,
    i use the streamlight vulcan, good dependable light, about 40,000 cp. i carry it on a sling with a quick release on it. strong spot beam for 3+ hrs.

RDWFIRE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lite Box on the engine and a super saber light in my turn out pocket. That is my preference. What ever works for you is the "best combination", BUT always carry a back-up.

Be safe. The dragon lurks!!!

fighting57th
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

i use a mini mag flashlight mounted on my helmet thats about it unless i need awhole lot more light them i go with the streamlight light boxs

good luck and stay safe yall

Thread Information