Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    F52 Westside
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool Autmatic Rapid Intervention Teams

I was wondering if anyone has information on a Chief from the NY area, I think Brighton. He has put together a Automatic Rapid Intervention Team Response. My boss has asked me to research any info. I can find. If anyone has a similar type response, E me or respond here.
    *** To clarify, this is like a mutual aid response for RIT or FAST (depending on your acronym for it). You get a call for a worker, and automatically either an extra co. or mutual aid is called to be the RIT or FAST ***
    ------------------
    Eddie C. - a.k.a - PTFD21
    Local 3008
    "Doin' it for lives n' property"

[This message has been edited by F52 Westside (edited November 04, 2000).]

fireman703
    Firehouse.com Guest

I dont know if this is the idea you are looking for but we are putting together a rit equipment kit that the engineer will take off the truck and our mutual aid co. will act as the rit team upon their arrival. The mutual aid co. arrives packed up in their seats and is ready to work upon arrival on the scene.

fireman703
    Firehouse.com Guest

I dont know if this is the idea you are looking for but we are putting together a rit equipment kit that the engineer will take off the truck and our mutual aid co. will act as the rit team upon their arrival. The mutual aid co. arrives packed up in their seats and is ready to work upon arrival on the scene.

fireman703
    Firehouse.com Guest

AVF&R452
    Firehouse.com Guest

703:

Any chance of posting the list of equipment in your "RIT Kit"?? I'm sure it would benefit many of us.

Thanks in advance

Jim

firehat87
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

Here is what I like to see in a RIT package:

for each member of the team:
    flashlight, wire cutters, PASS, spare SCBA bottle, radio, another flashlight, knife, rescue rope w/ bag, a bigger flashlight, and a working knowledge of the building (preplanning and cooperation with command on scene), oh, and a couple more flashlights

for the team:
    attic ladder, Halligan, pick-head axe, K/A-tool, ground ladder, pike pole, door chocks, TIC, maybe a spare SCBA harness

It is important to specially train those that will act as your RIT team. Train for unusual situations, like getting someone in an air pack and big New Yorker helmet through wall studs or a second story window when they are unconscious. The RIT is no place for rookies, or those who are not in such great shape. A RIT should be a priority, not a place to sideline the idiots and poorly trained.

firehat87@yahoo.com

MetalMedic
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb

Don't know if this will help, but I just attended a class taught by Dan Noonan, FDNY Retired that was VERY enlightening on the role of the RIT concept. If there is any way you could get to one of his classes, I am sure he will have all the answers you could want to get your system up and running.

To anyone else, if you see Noonan putting on a class in your area... GO TO IT!!

------------------
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

Thread Information