Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Staylow
    Firehouse.com Guest

I am happy to see that my New York brother and I think alike. I can tell that we have had similar experiences. It is also evident that the knowledge of some is confined to what they have only read in a book. Well, you will have more time over the holiday week to hit the books a bit more, because not all of your information is up to date. And, I'll have to agree that our brass fittings look great next to my leather helmet and the chrome bell on the front of the rig. Merry Christmas all!

Stay Safe!

M G
    Firehouse.com Guest

Im really not going to get too involved here but I just want to point something out here. There are two schools of thought battling here. Larry makes very valid pints and poses very norm challenging questions to us. We hate to be challenged when we have something we use alot, like and are comfortable with. He will jump right in and tell us where he thinks we are wrong. While we all seem to be offended by him at some point, the man deserves some respect. He is passionate about what he says and goes to great lengths to challenge traditions and question norms. Try to see it from that perspective. You know what, the man has some good ponints too, he really does. But I also have my likes and traditions. I think everyone does. Have a great holiday season guys.

------------------
    The information presented herin is simply my opinion and does not represent the opinion or view of my employer(s) or any department/agency to which I belong.

FitzBFDT2
    Firehouse.com Guest

You make a good point M G and I would like to add just one little thing. You have to give respect to get respect. Happy Holidays to you also.

------------------
    Kevin M. Fitzhenry, bfdt2@fitzhenry.com
    Firefighter, Truck Co. 2
    City of Bayonne (NJ) FD
    www.bayonnenj.org/fire/

Thread Information