toddmcbr
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking SCBA's with radio interfaces?

I was wondering if anyone is using any kind of radio interface with their SCBA's. Also, if you are using them what are they and how are they working out for you? My department is possibly looking into purchasing them.

Thanks for the help!

Todd

Lewiston2Capt
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

My dept. uses the radiocom Envoy system on our Scott 50 2.2 packs. I think it is a great idea and they work well. Communication is clear (acually sounds like you are speaking into the radio without a mask in the way. They hooked up to our packs pretty easily and lock into a mounting port on the speaking diaphragm on the right side of the mask. I think the whole installation takes 5 minutes.

(The opinions expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my department.)

Richardl
    Firehouse.com Guest

Hi,
    We're using an Scott's older comm system called the "All-Pro". The system consists of a mike inside the regulator and a speaker mounted to the SCBA harness. It can be used for voice-amplification or connected to a radio.
    I've played with Scott's envoy system, and I like it. The speaker that extends to your ear is a great idea.

BFD847
    Firehouse.com Guest

We had Veri-clear system with our MSA's. We have just decided to scrap them and go to a straight speaking diaphram. The system was added weight to our packs got in the way alot and did not work half of the time.
    This is my only experience there is probably better ones out there.

Thread Information