Stone Cold Firefighter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Lightbulb Training Manuals

I wanted to get everyones opinon on their favorite training manuals. (other than the ifsta essentials manual of course.) which did you learn the most from, on any fire topic?
    my 2 favorites are:
    FireGround Tactics by emanual fried
    And principles and practices of firefighting. (cant remember the author, but its a blue hardcover book).
    both of these covered every topic and were excellent.

Firebrother
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

I jusy recently bought responding to routine emergencies, I do not remember the authors name off hand but a great book, quick read and an amazing section on Carbon monoxide emergencies. Also Safety and survival on the Fireground by Vincent Dunn is a must have!!!

ALSfirefighter
    Firehouse.com Guest

Stone Cold,

Same here I have always found myself going back to the Principles and Practices of Firefighting. As far as my second choice, I have to switch to the other aspect of my job. I always have my face in my Paramedic and/or associated texts (PHTLS, ACLS, Pharmacology, A & P) but another book I loved was the Magic of 3 a.m. by James O. Page.

--------------------------------------------
    The above is my opinion only and doesn't reflect that of any dept./agency I work for, deal with, or am a member of.

FRED
    Firehouse.com Guest

Arrow

My favorites are John Norman's Fire Officers Hand book of Tactics. (It is good for both officers and the guys riding backwards)
    Fire Fighting Principles and Practices by the late Willam Clark, and Truck Co. Ops by John Mittendorf.(excellent look at Tactics from the "left" coast)

For the officers out there Chief Vincent Dunn's Book Command and Control of Fires and Emergencies is a must have. And also Skip Colemans Incident Management for the Street Smart Fire Officer.

Captain Gonzo
    Firehouse.com Guest

The author of Responding to Routine Emergencies is Frank Montagna, a Deputy Chief with the FDNY.

Another one of Vincent Dunn's books that is an excellent resource is Collapse of Burning Buildings.

------------------
    Firefighters: rising to accept the challenge!
    Captain Gonzo

oz10engine
    Firehouse.com Guest

COMMON SENSE FIREFIGHTING (unknown author)and A LITTLE WATER AND ALOT OF SMARTS PUTS OUT MOST FIRES (author unknown) are 2 of my favorites that I would reccommend to everyone.

Thread Information