Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default incident command check off sheet

I will probably be the ic at a mock drill in August on a large scale shooting at one of our public schools. Does anyone have a check-off sheet for an incident like this that would be helpful? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Ed

Since no one else has taken a stab at this one.. I might suggest that you look for one of the commercially available ICS Dry Erase board systems that you can find through your local fire equipment dealer. The have spaces to fill in the blanks for all of your sectors and support sections as well as some other useful information. That should be a good start for you.
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Forum Member

If you're looking for dry erase command boards as described in the above post, check out www.fire-rescueoutfitters.com, click Incident Command link. There is a compact binder for use by sector officers as well as a larger dry erase command board. Hope this helps you out. Stay Safe.

Originally posted by Firescueguy:
    <STRONG>If you're looking for dry erase command boards as described in the above post, check out www.fire-rescueoutfitters.com, click Incident Command link. There is a compact binder for use by sector officers as well as a larger dry erase command board. Hope this helps you out. Stay Safe.</STRONG>
    I knew someone would have a link to get that stuff! You added an extra "," to the hyperlink... it should have been: http://www.fire-rescueoutfitters.com

Stay safe and thanks for bailing me out!
    Richard Nester
    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

MembersZone Subscriber CHIEF500's Avatar

I just returned from the National Fire Academy where I took the Chief Officers strategy for Terrorism class. In the handout there was an incident planning section. Very informative outstanding for multi-agency incidents. It would serve you well to preplan the responsibilities for the drill. In the handout was example how California Departmant put together a extensive plan for a terrorist incident called in for later the same day. You could use the write up as an example to create your preplan and then create a white board check off list for your drill. The information should be available from the Academy through their publication section.
    ex Chief 500

Thread Information