Default TFT BLITZFIRE Monitor???

Anyone in the field that uses the BLITZFire Monitor, I would like the get some feedback on the positives and negatives of the monitor. It is an expensive monitor $2350.00, thus being the reason I am looking for the information.

Thanks,
    John Williams
    NRFF1
    City of Clairton
    Fire / EMS

MembersZone Subscriber

Try an Elkhart Jumbo 2 1/2" shutoff with a 1 1/2" master stream tip. Much lower price, Higher flow, more maneuverability, one man operation, less weight. Drawbacks, safety shut off and unmanned capability.

Hello, the TFT Blitzfire has been good for our dept. Easy to use, reliable. Not to mention that they make the unit in our city so I my opinion may not be one you can rely on. If you have any other q`s let me know
    Nick Weber-Valparaiso Fire Dept

Halligan and tnweber.

Thanks for your input, and I will make sure to check out the Elkhart prior to purchase. My chief asked for this information, and is not a internet person, so of course, he turned to me, since I think I live in the firehouse forums. : )

Again, thanks and be safe.
    John Williams
    NRFF1
    City of Clairton
    Fire / EMS

MembersZone Subscriber

What are you wanting to do with it? If you want to blitz a fire, why not use a big flow handline like the Vindicator. The Blitzfire won't work off of the ground like a handline will.
    If you want a monitor then I'd go with the Akron Apollo, Elkhart Stinger, or even the TFT Crossfire.

Their are handlines that will do a good job as blitz line. The Vindicator Blitz attack flows the most with the lowest Nozlle reaction.

Thread Information