Forum Member

Default POK brand nozzles and equipment...

We have recently purchased POK 1.5" autos and 2.5" selectable-gallonage fog nozzles. Has anyone had any experience with these? We have been pleased with them so far. Let me know what you think. Thx

Stay safe and have fun...
    Gabriel
    FF/EMT
    Nevada, Missouri
    1*

EuroFirefighter.com

French nozzles........have to be careful here but as in anything in life....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Do they meet NFPA standards??

My department recently purchased POK Smooth bore nozzles,(Iknow it's pretty hard to screw up a smooth bore )but for the money I can't complain about them. I have found them to be a good quality product at a fraction of the price of the BIG names. I can only imagine that their combinations are as fine a product. Stay Safe
    Captain Andrew O'Brien
    Yarmouth Fire/Rescue
    Yarmouth,Me.

Although we have not bought any nozzles from them, we did buy several of their hydrant gates a year ago. Big selling points for us were that they are machined parts as opposed to most brands which are cast. And secondly they were significantly less expensive.

Forum Member

Why was the fact that they are machined instead of cast an issue? Thanks for the feedback yall.
    Gabriel
    FF/EMT
    Nevada, Missouri
    1*

Smoke_N_Flames

Cast parts are not as strong as machined parts. There can be impureties in the metal during casting such as air pockets etc. This causes cast parts to be less durable than those machined from solid bilit stock.

BEWARE: Some folks say their parts are machined. BIG DEAL! Just about all cast parts are machined to a finished product.

The important issue is wether or not the metal is from solid bilit stock or is cast before any machining starts.

Casting is cheaper because it has to be machined less than a solid block would need, although it is still machined

As Paul stated: You get what you pay for!
    Kirk Allen
    First Strike Technologies, Inc

Forum Member

1. Are POK nozzles all machined or just machine finished?

2. What brand if any would you recomend over POK that comparable in price and durable.

3. What do you know about 1.5" Akron Turbjets that are selectable gallonage up to 125? We have one that is holding up pretty good so far.

Thx again.
    Gabriel
    FF/EMT
    Nevada, Missouri
    1*

Fire equipment is one of the last holdouts of American quality-----It may be pricey, but it is built to last.

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't like the selectable gallonage nozzles. We had some of them in the 70's. They seemed to always be set for too low a flow. We went from them to the 15/16" solid bore. Get a nozzle that will flow the gallonage that you want and pump it to that flow. Why stop at 125 g.p.m.? I've got an old Johnson can that my little girl can pump at 125 g.p.m. You say that POK is French, I thought that it was Chinese.

Had to come back and get politco correct.

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: DD ]</p>

Thread Information