Post What do you run in your pro pack?????

My engine co. has just gotten one of those "pro pack" portable foam packs, We are looking for some suggestions on what other companies are running foam wise in it, and what it's attack limitations are, and how has your dept. used it in the past, I know what the books and videos say but i want advice from the real world.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

We have been using the Pro-pak for about a year now and we love it. As far as what type of foam to use in it, it should work well with whatever type of foam you currently use. Just make sure you have the proper setting on the control knob for the type of foam you are using and the desired percentage. We use National Foam Universal Gold 3x3 (was donated to us), which is a really thick concentrate (about the color and consistency of honey) and it picks it up just fine. I wouldn't advise using it for initial attack, as you would with a CAFS or other on-board foam system, as it only flows about 12 gpm and therefore will not provide protection. But it is an excellent tool for overhaul, for spill control and vapor suppression, and for small, controlled fires such as small grass fires, trash fires, and the like. Also, make sure you flush out the unit per manufacturer's instructions after each use to avoid clogging up the eductor ports.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream and I hope you don't find this too crazy is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

MembersZone Subscriber

We also use the Universal Gold in ours. We leave it set for 3% for Class B, but can also drop it down for Class A. Our primary use has been vapor suppression at vehicle accidents or use on large trash dumpsters (usually construction debris).

DWAYNE / PF10 nailed it right on the head. Love the unit, great unit, especially on wrecks. We use the same foam also.

Forum Member

We've used our pro-pak for about 6 months now. We use it for fluid spills at MVA's. Currently, we are using Micro-Blaze Out, with the medium expansion nozzle. Seems to work well for us.

Cool

Hey thanks for the input it was very helpfull<br />we started training on it last week and it seems like it will be a very useful tool

Thread Information