BRIAN MCVEY
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question CONFINED SPACE RESCUE

WE ARE A RURAL AREA WITH SOME INDUSTRY THAT IS INTERESTED IN US TAKING OVER THERE CONFINED SPACE RESCUE. I AM LOOKING FOR SOG'S AND HELPFULL TIPS. IF YOU LIKE GIVE ME YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS WHERE I CAN TALK TO YOU. ALL HELP WOULD BE WONDERFULL.

THANK YOU,
    BRIAN MCVEY FF/PARAMEDIC

firelieut14
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

One place to start is to look into the current Confined Space Program that may already be in place at these sites. Know what your department is getting themselves into (so to speak). Do the sites issue thier own entry permits, contract it out, or do they even issue entry permits at all?

And not to get off the subject, but most places that use an "outside" rescue team (ie the local fire department) and not an "in-house" team (ie the factory's fire brigade), have to provide training for that team once or twice a year...not to mention some sort of funding for all of that high-tech equipment you have probably been looking at...

Be safe...

------------------
    firelieut14@hotmail.com

The above message is of my own opinion and not that of the U.S. Coast Guard, or of the Coast Guard Fire Department.

[This message has been edited by firelieut14 (edited January 29, 2000).]

Thread Information