billy
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question DeWalt 24 volt saws

Who is using the new DeWalt 24 volt recip saw? What are your comments, good or bad?

resqjack
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

We tested them on one of our rescues. we have had the 18v's for some time. We especially liked the fact that they have a 110v adaptor for the unit allowing you to use just one battery then change to cord power. Just remember, they are not electric cip saws. They are battery operated and have less power than their corded counterparts. We carry two P-K tigers an 18v DeW and a 24v DeW on each of our 5 heavy rescues. Seems to work well

------------------
    Lt. Jack Reall
    Rescue Training Officer
    Columbus Division of Fire

billy
    Firehouse.com Guest

So even with the 110vac adapter, the saw isn't as powerful as a regular "corded" model?

resqjack
    Firehouse.com Guest

That is correct, they seem to be less powerful than the corded models. However, they are tools that can be used in different circumstances.
    BTW, sorry about the delay responding, I have been out of town on a training program.

kbud
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Just finished inservice training today for the 1st of 3 shifts for some new equipment for our department. We put 1 Hilift/Jackmate combo and 1 24 Dewalt recip saw on each of our 2 first out engines that lacked hydraulic tools. We got a ac/dc converter as well (1 more soon I hope) and it worked great. The power output on the converter was equal to a fully charged battery. The batteries seemed to last about 6 or 7 minutes of cutting( enough juice to completely roof each car and cut through the nader pins and a few hinges to boot Only negative thing I see with the converter is that you can't use it in the rain (shock hazard). Oh well, it never rains in Washington state anyway...

Thread Information