Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trt jumpsuits

WBFD324
    Firehouse.com Guest

Talking Trt jumpsuits

WE ARE PUTTING TOGETHER A TECH RESCUE TEAM, AND ARE LOOKING INTO PURCHASING JUMPSUITS. THE DEPARTMENT HAS PROVIDED US WITH THE BASICS IN EQUIPMENT (BINERS, ROPE, PULLEYS, ANCHORS, STOKES, ETC..) BUT WE ARE LOOKING TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACK YOU COULD PROVIDE CONCERNING MANUFACTURES AND SUPPLIERS YOU HAVE DEALT WITH, AND ANY SPECIFICS US NEWBIES MAY OVERLOOK. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

ADSN/WFLD
    Firehouse.com Guest

Smile

Just my opinion but you may want to look into Nomex Flightsuits. They have a lot of pockets, are relativly comfortable, and as an added bonus they are fire resistive. They also aren't too hot in summer.

Flightsuits ... out of CA, (sorry can't remember the exact name) makes MIL Spec suits and also has them in other colors like blue, tan, orange.

You can also try your local mil surplus store.

Good Luck

Ben Sanders
    Firehouse.com Guest

There is also a company called flightsuits unlimited...if you are looking save some $$$ try getting navy cotton flightsuits. They are sold at most army surplus stores, and they are brand new. We use them for our technical rescue team. They work great on high angle,trench, and swiftwater shore work..the nomax suits are kept on the team responce unit and are used on flammable hazard scenes such as confined space. Hope this helps..email if you need more assistance.

GhettoEMT3124
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

the Galls catalogue that just came to me in the mail today has a very nice looking PBI jumpsuit made specifically for rescue, its probably on there website also.

------------------
    Spending the day trying to decide if Charles Darwin was right or wrong.

WBFD324
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thanks to all for their replies. The board approved jumpsuits, boots, helmets and gear bags.

If a commissioner reads this, thanks for your support.

F52 Westside
    Firehouse.com Guest

Cool

One thing you might want to look into is BDUs or Wildland F/F gear. They are more comfortable (especialy when you stretch your arms over your head) and the Wildland gear provides for flash protection. Our dept. is using the Wildland stuff for confined space, not sure how well it performs. The BDUs are being used in place of our duty uniforms for rope rescue and other TRT stuff.

Just my opinion !!

------------------
    Eddie C. - a.k.a - PTFD21
    "Doin' it for lives n' property"

Craig Powell
    Firehouse.com Guest

We are looking to use what is called a FR cotton extrication jumpsuit. It is osha and nfpa approved. lots of pockets and comfortable.

Thread Information