Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Forum

iwood51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default New Forum

How does one go about creating a new forum?
    I have an idea, but don't know where to start with you, and how much is involved in maintaining the forum.

Phred
    Firehouse.com Guest

I51:

Either post (here) what your idea is -OR-
    scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on the words "contact us" - that will put you into an e-mail window that goes to the Web Team - the wizzards who run this Forum network. They're great and will be interested in your idea. Try it! Be certain to include your e-mail address for an answer.

------------------
    Phred from Ohio
    Phred322@aol.com

iwood51
    Firehouse.com Guest

My thoughts for the new forum are more on the administrative side of the volunteer FD's. I frequently inquire, and once in a while post on the www.robertsrules.com forum, and there are a lot of issues that pertain specifically to the fire/ems service. I don't have a lot of time to commit to this, however, I have been known to sneak a peak onto the forums while I'm at work. Obviously this would be am ideas only forum as we don't want to get involved in legalities, heck, even www.robertsrules.com shies away from the legal and only addresses the parliamentary issues. Just food for thought, there are many FD's out there with no or limited by-laws and many out there with too much.

Spfd32
    Firehouse.com Guest

Iwood51
    I would be interested in that type of forum, and agree, stay away from the legal side, that usally involves lawyers. But a place to pass on ideas that work or ones that didn't.

iwood51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Okay, sparked a little interest, now let's see if we can spark their's. I sent a request to the web administrators and they suggested that I submit a title and one sentence description. I had a couple of ideas for titles 'Firehouses of Parliament', 'Bylaw Central'
    Give me some feedback and we will see if we can get this off the ground.

Spfd32
    Firehouse.com Guest

"By-Law Central" works for me.

Administrator

Thanks for everyone's suggestions for new forum topics. We've received dozens of suggestions of the past weeks and are considering each on its merit. And while we can't possibly at every one --- at least at this point --- we will be adding a few sometime later this month. Our number one priority right now is to ensure that the quality of members is high. We've done this first step by requiring anyone who post to display their name, organization and rank. Later this month, we'll go over a variety of suggestions and add new forums.

Thanks again!
    Firehouse WebTeam

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited 02-05-99).]

Thread Information