Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WEB TEAM POLICE

KNOBMAN
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question WEB TEAM POLICE

WEB TEAM, I WOULD LIKE AN ANSWER TO MY PRIOR QUESTION ON THE FIREFIGHTER FORUM SITE. PLEASE RESPOND VIA THE MESSAGE BOARD. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION. SAFE DAY TO ALL............K.M

------------------
    UNION AND PROUD OF IT!

Administrator

Knobman

This has absolutely nothing to do with career or volunteer...but rather a handful of people disrputing the greater massses on both sides of the issue.

All members agreed to the terms of service when you registered. Personal attacks will not be tolerated by anyone, and disruptive posts have been removed or closed.

The message board rules are for all to follow. If you choose not to be respectful to others, then post may be removed, censorsed and their users banned. You agreed to these terms when you registered.

Specifically:

"you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law"

and again: "we [at Firehouse.Com] reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever"

Likewise, if you have a specific concern about a certain post, rather than respond negatively to it, let us know and a moderator will look into it.

Again, from the terms of use: "Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary."

This is the last post regarding this issue. Please follow the rules and keep others in mind when posting.

Firehouse.Com WebTeam

E7engineer
    Firehouse.com Guest

I'm glad to see that once a forum is set up, it is monitored...Keep up the good work...

Bryant
    Firehouse.com Guest

I agree, keep up the good work

~B

"nothing is 'routine' in this business"

FyredUp
    Firehouse.com Guest

WEB Team,

I too enjoy this site. But, please explain to me why Knobman was removed from this site as I was told by others? Especially since I continue to see him being attacked by vollies in some of the forums, particularly the warning lights for volly FF forum? If he was removed for causing bad feelings why are these people not being warned and or removed too?

By the way I am both volly and career so I have no bias either way. But please explain why he can continue to be pounded by these
    people, but he is gone?

I hope asking these questions doesn't get me banished. But fair is fair, if one can't attack then no one should.

Administrator

Thanks for visiting the Firehouse.Com Forums.

We will no longer comment on the issue related to Knobman. His comments were extreme and reported to us by a number of users.

Upon reviewing the forum in question, we couldn't immediately find any recent posts. If you email or message us with the full URL of the thread in question, we will look into it.

If you have specific instances where you feel one group is being attacked, let us know via e-mail. While we make every effort to browse the forums for such instances, its impossible to see each one unless we are advised of any potential problems.

We have removed a variety of posts over the past weeks and banned other users as well. However, in most cases in the future, forums with these posts will no longer just be closed, but rather the entire topic deleted so if there are instances, the other forum users will not know and only further the problems.

Thanks
    Firehouse.Com WebTeam

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited November 14, 1999).]

Thread Information