Todd Trimble
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Lightbulbs broken again

I have once again started having trouble with the lightbulbs. Whenever I first view the forums, the bulbs seem to work correctly. I pick a forum, read the new stuff, then back out to the list of forums to find a new one. At that time, all the lightbulbs are off. It's as if reading the messages in the first forum recycled my "last visited" counter and there are no new messages. However, the "last visited" clock at the top of the forums list still reflects the *real* last time I visited.

I have tried deleteing my cookies. That results in ALL the bulbs lighting when I get to the forum list, but only unitl I read some messages. Then the same problem surfaces. I'm using www.firehouse.com to access, not just firehouse.com.

Is this a known bug? Is there a solution? It's rather bothersome...

Thank you to the WebTeam for an otherwise enjoyable and educational resource!

------------------
    Todd Trimble
    Fairland Volunteer Fire Department

Administrator

Todd,

This problem appears to always happen when we upgrade versions. We're looking into the problem and just again reset how the cookies are set, which *may* take care of the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks
    Firehouse.Com WebTeam

Administrator

After deleting the current cookie, the lightbulbs should now work.

This is apparantly a problem for a handful of people following our recent upgrade.

When you visit for the first time after deleting your cookie, all lightbulbs will be lit. However, after reading a post or even if you don't, when you visit again only the new posts should show a lit bulb and folder.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks
    Firehouse.Com WebTeam

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited October 22, 1999).]

Thread Information