Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fire Poll

morriss
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up Fire Poll

I like the Fire Poll question on the front page. I think this would be a good place to place similar questions and have an unofficial poll of the issues facing the fire service. More pertinent questions could involve some of the more controversial issues being discussed in the forums themselves.

Truckie from Missouri
    Firehouse.com Guest

I agree.

Only I wish there were more options on some of them.

Another point: Today is Sunday, 21 Nov 99. THe question asks if we feel it is/is not appropriate for junior members / explorers under the age of 16 to ride apparatus. At risk of being arrested by the Firehouse.com Police, I feel it is a slap in the face to our fallen forum member, Knobman. Granted, some felt he was a bit harsh. But that issue was one of the ones he brought up, got in trouble for, and now it is being asked by the Webteam.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure those who have read my posts know that I don't care what the topic is, nor am I offended by anyones opinion. I just feel that this action is very closely resembling the perverbial cheap shot.

Thank you for the opportunity to express my views. I like the polls on the front page, and hope they keep coming!

------------------
    Proud Member of IAFF Local 3133!

Stay safe.
    Ken

Aff
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

"But that issue was one of the ones he brought up, got in trouble for, and now it is being asked by the Webteam."
    Although I didn't always agree with Knobman, I was never offended. Many points he voiced, as Truckie has stated, are those tough ones that NEED to be discussed in these forums, now being used for poll questions.
    I agree with morris about expanding the questions.
    Mark

P.S.

Thread Information