Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    resqb
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post resetting last visit date

I've visited firehouse.com several times this past week and my last visit date hasn't changed since 10/22. My ISP (altavista) underwent a major upgrade recently. Could this be the problem?

Administrator

Apparantly a handful of people are having the same issue, since our upgrade to the latest version of the BB.

Try searching for "cookie" on your computer and deleted the one for this site. Then revisit, and all lightbulbs should be yellow. Then, on your return visit, only those newest posts should have a "lit" lightbulb. We also recommend using Explorer 4.0 or greater if you're not already.

The problem may be within your computer, but not likely your ISP. Cookies are stored on the user's computer, not on our servers.

If you have further problems, let us know if these don't resolve it.

Thanks
    Firehouse.Com WebTeam

resqb
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs down

I've tried everything with my cookies and nothing is happening in Internet Explorer 5. Every forum that's been active since 10/22 is still lit. My date is still not resetting. Helppppp....

Administrator

If it's still reading Oct. 22 then you did not remove the right cookie, otherwise that date would not be present at all.

Once you remove the cookie (should look something like "fh-bin....), then it will work.

Thanks
    Firehouse.Com

FF McDonald
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

I have followed the directions that have been posted on this thread, and have been unable to reset my "last visit date".

As soon as I enter a topic, and come back out to the main forum page, all of the lightbulbs are off, and the last visit date has been reset to the time that I entered the previous topic.

I wasn't having these problems prior to this new version being up and running, might this have something to do with it??? HELP!?!?!?!

Marc

Administrator

If you remove the cookie, you must revisit the forums to add a new cookie.

Following that, the SECOND time you logon, it should have lightbulbs lit for only those new posts since your last visit after deleting the cookie.

But its not an exact science and depending on how your other settings, such as cache, etc, are set, it may work oddly sometimes.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Thread Information