Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up This Site Is Top Notch

This is by far the best site i have ever been able to access for the types of things we do. Firehouse has done an awesome job making this place work and using our user feedback to make it better. I am overjoyed to see the added IM system and userlist. Great job firehouse!

Phred
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Totally agree with you, e33; GREAT JOB, WebTeam!

Now, could somebody try to 'splain all these neat new features? I figured out all the Regional Sites, but this new Private Message feature seems to be a mystery. I think maybe I missed finding the instruction page, but I'd like to know where they hid it!

Hope the WebTeam will post a how-to-drive-it page for us learners.

Administrator

Thumbs up

Thanks for the comments guys.

There is a new "announcement" icon on the entry pages of the individual categories as well as a link from the main Forum page under the login area that gives a basic overview.

Essentially, its the same as the forum posting template combined with an e-mail program of sorts. When you login, you can send individuals messages, check your own messages, etc. You can also click the icon "pm" on the top bar of posts to private message that poster.

All members are reminded that they should consider private messaging the same as posting online ... no flaming, attacking, etc. The overall forum rules apply to the private messages as well.

Thanks
    Firehouse.Com WebTeam

Phred
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Ask for instructions, and you Get instructions ! THANKS, WebTeam!!

Now - how about a blinking icon to appear when we get a Private Message? As an easier suggestion, how about placing the Private Message Box at the TOP of the main forum contents page? It's a long scroll down to the bottom these days!

Administrator

The login boxes at the top left of the front page should be what your're looking for. As the private messaging becomes popular, we'll add more links throughout the forums to 'check private messages' as well as our new e-mail (@firehousemail.com) feature.

As for the icon, we'll let the developers know about it. We're sure they will be coming up with some more notification methods to go along with the e-mail notification.

Thanks
    Firehouse.Com WebTeam

[This message has been edited by WebTeam (edited November 12, 1999).]

e33
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

SCHWEEET!! Im never gonna leave the damn computer now LOL!!

Thread Information