smokeeater51
    Firehouse.com Guest

Question Attention WEBTEAM

How's about setting up a new forum room where renegade vollies and career guys can argue amongst themselves? It amazes me that no matter how many times it is questioned and argued, people still bring up the topic of vollie vs. career. I understand that people are entitled to their own opinions, but come on! Let it go already. I think that some of these people start their posts hoping that it is going to start a riot within the otherwise friendly forum rooms.
    It saddens me to think that we can't just get along. A firefighter is a firefighter regardless if he/she is paid or not. Career jobs are not going to be lost to volunteers, and volunteer departments will never go away. It's time that people start to realize this, put the past behind, and move on to bigger and better things.
    Just my two cents. I know that a forum room such as this may not happen, but I wish it would, as I'm sure many others do as well.

Lt.

RDWFIRE
    Firehouse.com Guest

Angry

Smokeeater51...as much as I respect your opinions, this is a bad idea, and can only make a traditionally bad situation worse. Let's work at making the fire service focus on a single goal......doing the BEST job that we can with the resources available to us, no matter what the title is.

Be safe. The dragon lurks!!!

smokeeater51
    Firehouse.com Guest

RDWFIRE, I agree. I just wish that these guys that continue to **** and moan about each other would take it somewhere else. It takes the morale of an otherwise "content" forum room, and drags it down. It ends up irritating more people than doing good.
    Accept my apologies, the last thing I want to do is start a ****ing contest.

------------------
    Take care, stay safe, & stay low!

Lt. Spinney

Thread Information