dr inferno
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Canadian Content

How come there is very little Canadian Content on your web site? You post a LODD of a Canadian career brother and yet you start no condolence page like you apparently would for a American brother why? So much for the myth of the fire service being a brotherhood with seamless boundaries.

Bonnie1
    Firehouse.com Guest

I agree with you. We have talked before and although I am not a Fire Fighter, I think that becasue it is a brotherhood there should be a condolence page if any Canadian brothers die in the line of duty.

By the way, thank you for doing what you do.

Firelover
    Firehouse.com Guest

You've got my support on this one too.

------------------
    Joel

If you sent us to HELL, WE'D PUT IT OUT!!

**And of course these are only my opinion and only mine. Don't take it out on anyone else but me.**

mtfdfirefighter
    Firehouse.com Guest

I agree... As a fellow Canadian I think this would be a good thing to have added to the forum.

DON DELANCEY
    Firehouse.com Guest

Thumbs up

Yes I too would like to see more Canadian content, not only LODD's but we to get new apparatus up here and also fight some big fires, some of which even make the American news headlines!

Administrator

Thanks. We are continually expanding our coverage, and have stepped up our Canadian coverage recently. But we can only report and print what we know.

Here are a few things you can do to help:

- Send us news tips of major incidents, including links to news articles that are timely, to news@firehouse.com

- We post apparatus and HotShots from everywhere. Virtually all are user submitted, so to get apparatus and incident pics posted, just e-mail them to us to webteam@firehouse.com OR news@firehouse.com

- In the event of a LODD, e-mail news@firehouse.com as soon as possible with the name (if known), jurisdiction, date and circumstances so that we can pursue the story.

Thanks for your support,
    Firehouse.com WebTeam

Forum Member

Tried your suggestion and sent you an article from a newspaper here in Ontario that was talking about a fire incident here that killed 2 people. No mention but someone gets a piece of equipment donated its front page news. Whats up?

Administrator

Dr Inferno

The 'donation' story we believe you are referring to is about a international donation program ... we need to get rights for every story we post. If we cannot get rights, do not write it ourselves, or do not have access to a particular wire service, it doesnt get posted on the front page. NO off-site headlines are posted on the front page for fire/rescue stories. If you submitted a link for off-site news it would appear at http://www.firehouse.com/news, not on the front page. Unless it is an exceptional story, or a story we easily have permissions from from a past provider, we cannot post it on the site. We are still working on obtaining a relationship with more canadian content providers, but have not firmed up anything at this point.

As for fatal fires specifically, we typically do not post fatal fires on the front page unless they are unusual stories or involve multiple (three or more) deaths as there are fatal house fires on a daily basis.

You will not we provided excellent coverage of the recent LODD a few weeks back, as well.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Thread Information