Default Folder Icon question for Webteam

Hey webteam, is there any possibility of using just one color folder icon to indicate new posts since last visit, and another color for old posts, and eliminate those flaming folder icons to indicate more than 15 posts. The number of posts is listed so why do we need all these different icons? The yellow for new and white for old is fine but those other flaming icons seem to cause confusion.

These two are fine but...

these are confusing and not really needed.

I know this is not a big deal and probably not an issue with anyone else but I was just wondering because it bugs me.

Hellllllo Webteam, you there?????

Forum Member

Hey Ugly, I feel the same way. I find it confusing. I thought the Webteam said early on with the changes that they were going to fix the icons, but I guess they still havent gotten aroud to it. So, are you guys going to change it?

Administrator

The flaming folders are hot topics, both ones you've already read and one's you have not. They are defined at the bottom of every forum page.

Thanks
    WebTeam

Originally posted by WebTeam:
    <STRONG>The flaming folders are hot topics, both ones you've already read and one's you have not. They are defined at the bottom of every forum page.

Thanks
    WebTeam</STRONG>
    Gee thanks Webteam, but I know what they mean and I have read the definition of them at the bottom of the forum page. That's where I copied the images from to begin with. That explaination doesn't make them any less confusing though. I'm not saying I don't understand their meaning, just that they cause some confusion, minor as it may be.

My question for you was if they were really necessary in light of the fact that the number of replies to every topic is listed in its own column and "hot topics" can easily be deduced from that. Why not just use the K.I.S.S. principle here and use only two icons, one for new posts since last visit and one for old?

Thread Information