Good evening, this is Lt.Charles Huber, Lancaster City Bureau of Fire, reporting on a young couple overcome from carbon monoxide poisoning on 3/3/99 at 7:30 AM at their S.Ann St. home.
Dispatchers received a call from a women who felt ill and noticed some sort of fumes emanating from the furnace.Eng.3 was dispatched for a investigation on arrival they entered the home with their gas meter and got a reading of over 900 ppm.. They found a man that was incoherent and his wife that is five months pregnant sick, they were transported to a local hospital where they were stabilized and then flown to Geisinger Medical Center in Danville Pa. to be treated in a hypervaric chamber.When firefighters checked the chimney, they found the flue completely blocked, there was no carbon monoxide detector in the house.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
03-03-1999, 06:43 PM #1Truck 2Firehouse.com Guest
Couple overcome by carbon monoxide
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)