picpro
    Firehouse.com Guest

Default Arsonist plagues Pasco Florida.....

As if being ravaged by large brush fires this season isn't enough...now it seems we have a disturbed person with a .99 cent lighter running around the Pasco-Hernando area...starting brush fires in multiple locations...within minutes of each other.With the addition of deliberate brush fires to the natural ones already in progress...our dept resources are stretched, firefighters are overworked for back to back shifts...and we have lost 3 homes and 2 cars to these fires just today and yesterday...although the source of todays fire has still not been confirmed....it appears to be another on the list....todays fires were contained by 16 pieces of apparatus operated by over 50 firefighters in the largest mutual aide call so far this year.As we know, brush arsonists are the hardest to catch...and unless he is caught "red-handed" all we can do is be on the ready and ride it out.

Sandi
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ahhhh..this sounds real familiar. I chose mapping of arson caused wild fires in Pasco county as a project for a computerized mapping class at University of South Florida in Tampa. The time period covered was early 1990's. I did notice a pattern that the majority of fires started then were on Thursday and Friday afternoons...about 3-4p.m. and most were in wildlands and brush lands off of teh US19 corridor. Wonder if they ever caught the guy and if they did, is he out of the slammer.

Sandi
    Firehouse.com Guest

Ahhhh..this sounds real familiar. I chose mapping of arson caused wild fires in Pasco county as a project for a computerized mapping class at University of South Florida in Tampa. The time period covered was early 1990's. I did notice a pattern that the majority of fires started then were on Thursday and Friday afternoons...about 3-4p.m. and most were in wildlands and brush lands off of teh US19 corridor. Wonder if they ever caught the guy and if they did, is he out of the slammer.

Thread Information