Ceredo Vol. Fire Dept. responded to a 2 story structure fire 0954 3-23-99.
Initial call received from owner of a matress fire. First arriving Eng. 61
found heavy smoke conditions. Deputy Chief Ken Williems had requested mutual
aid from Lavalette Fire Dept. enroute to scene. Eng. 61 began an aggressive
interior attack with handline. Eng. 62 arrived laying 1500 of 4 inch to Eng
61. Fire was contained to master bath with heavy smoke damage to upper floors
and moderate water damage to basement area. Fire was under contol in 15 mins.
with units remaining on scene for 2 hours for overhaul, and investigation.
Findings were a candle had caught a pillow on fire in bedroom, the owner found
it and placed it in bathroom in tub. Owner contolled fire in bed however was
overcome by heavy smoke from the bathroom fire. Owner was treated at scene by
Medic 61. No other injuries reported. Units responding were Eng. 61, Eng. 62,
Medic 61, Eng. 321, Medic 340. The last unit to clear scene at 1204 ...
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: House Fire
03-24-1999, 10:53 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2006
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)