KITCHEN FIRE CAUSES MODERATE DAMAGE TO NORTHWEST HOME
An accidental fire in the kitchen of a Northwest Las Vegas home
caused moderate damage this morning. No one was home when firefighters
arrived on the scene. They had to rescue five animals from the house. One
dog died of smoke inhalation, two dogs and two cats were saved from the
burning home, at least two of the animals were revived by Fire Paramedics on
the scene. There were no injuries in connection with the incident.
Neighbors notified Fire Dispatchers at 8:02AM, Wednesday morning,
that smoke was coming from a house at 7620 Prairie Corners Drive (Buffalo &
Vegas). When firefighters arrived on the scene, they found smoke coming from
the 1-story wood frame/stucco house. The house was locked up, so
firefighters had to force their way into the home. They immediately found
one dog lifeless lying on the floor just inside the front door. That dog was
immediately evacuated. Firefighters found two other dogs and two cats either
inside or outside the house. Paramedics had to revive at least two of the
animals. They were all taken to a local vet suffering from smoke inhalation.
A large golden retriever appeared to have died of smoke inhalation. A short
time after firefighters arrived on the scene, the owner of the home arrived
on the scene.
Fire Investigators ruled the fire accidental. They believe it may
have started in a toaster in the kitchen. The fire was confined to the
kitchen, the rest of the house suffered smoke damage. Damage was estimated
at $20,000. There were no injuries.
END ## LVFD/PIO-TRS
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Fire Damages Las Vegas Home
04-28-1999, 04:37 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2006
Fire Damages Las Vegas Home
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)