05-26-1999, 09:33 PM #1Truck 2Firehouse.com Guest
14 Homeless in Penn Twp. blaze caused by child playing with lighter.
A 5-year-old child playing with a lighter started a fire Tuesday morning that distroyed a row of townhouses near Manheim, Pa.The fire broke out about noon and caused damage estimated at $257,000, officials said. The fire spread quickley due to wind gusts of up to 30 mph. The unit where the fire started was distroyed and the roofs on 4 other units were burnt off due to fire walls not extending through the roof.
Pa. has no building or state wide fire code, so this building could be rebuilt the same way and be in danger of burning again because the fire walls stop at the attic level and allow fire to spread unchecked in the attic area!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)