Sunflower County, MS firefighters spent a hot and humid summer night battaling a three-alarm fire in a Ruleville lounge. The smoky, stubborn fire consumed one business, and a second business received smoke and water damage. The fire apparently was caused when a small pot of grease used to fry shrimp was left unattended on a stove. Approximately 35 firefighters from District 6-Ruleville, District 7-Drew, District 8-Parchman, Battalion 2, Rehab Services, and the county fire coordinator worked from around midnight until just after 5 AM on the fire.

[This message has been edited by jim whitfield (edited June 30, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by jim whitfield (edited June 30, 1999).]