Firefighters from Sunflower Co. District 4-Sunflower & Battalion 1 responded to a room-and-contents fire just after 1pm 7/26/99, not only battaling flames but heat indices over 105 degrees. The cause of the fire was attributed to improper storage of an automobile battery. The battery was being used to support a metal bed frame. Apparently the bed's position shifted, causing the frame to contact both battery posts, shorting the battery and causing the fire. All five residents escaped the fire uninjured; functioning smoke detectors alerted them. Although contained to the room of origin, the house suffered heavy smoke damage.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Sunflower Co., MS House Fire
07-26-1999, 07:23 PM #1jim whitfieldFirehouse.com Guest
Sunflower Co., MS House Fire
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)