Flames were found coming from a laundry room by a 14-year-old-girl about 1:40 a.m.this morning (10/11/99). Smoke detectors sounded. The 14-year-old alerted the other three occupants of the dwelling, the four tried to fight the fire with fire extinquishers and water, but it was a losing battle.
All four occupants safely fled after calling 911. Firefighters arriving at 1:42 a.m. found found a fire raging through the first floor with smoke and heat spreading to the second and third floors.The fire was put under control at 2:35 a.m., estimated damage was placed at $30,000. The fire was contained to the building of origin. Fire crews remained on scene till 5:00 a.m. This incident went to three alarms bringing two off duty platoons back on duty.
The cause appears accidental, caused by a washing machine being hooked up to a extention cord the was to small for the load put on it. One firefighter twisted his knee while fighting the fire.
Lt. Charles M. Huber
Platoon C Truck-2
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Lancaster, Pa. Row Home Fire
10-11-1999, 06:59 PM #1Truck 2Firehouse.com Guest
Lancaster, Pa. Row Home Fire
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)