Situation report 11/1 0900hrs.
Yesterday a wind driven front went through much of Montana. Winds clocked at 60 to 70 mph in many parts of the State. Downed power lines started numerous fires.
1) Richland County - 70,000 acre fire started in Richland County & has
spread into North Dakota.
2) Garfield County - 600 to 1000 acre fire, caught by County troops & held
through wind event.
3) Carter County -
a) Mill Iron fire has burnt parts of 7 sections, no estimate of acreage
b) John Stone fire threatened Ekalaka last
night, no estimate of acreage
4) Powder River County - 300 acre fire near Fort Howe. BLM managing incident
5) Sheridan County -
a) Outlook Fire ; Fire size 9 miles by 2 miles. 3 grain elevators, gas station, post office, bar, 2ea. RR locomotives & 9-13
b) Antelope Fire; Fire Size 7 miles by 2
miles. 1 homestead lost
6) Roosevelt & McCone Counties -
Portions of 18 sections burnt (11 miles by
1 mile) 30 structures lost including 6-9 residences, 18 pole barns, 1 UPS
building with vehicles.
7) Judith Basin County - 1000 acre fire. 1 outbuilding lost
8) Carbon County - 1000-1500 acre fire.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Wild Fires in Montana
11-01-1999, 03:03 PM #1SNOWMANFirehouse.com Guest
Wild Fires in Montana
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)