Peekskill N.Y.- a 16 unit apartment bldg burned early veterans day. The firefighters were hampered by low water pressure. Initially the apartment fire was knocked down and as crews were opening up checking for extension they had found fire inside the walls.With limited amounts of water the crews tried to contain the blaze with little results. The multiple alarm fire required mutual aid from 7 different fire depts. and the cause of the blaze is being blamed on electrical malfunction. The units were wired with aluminium wire and is considered to be the culprit for the multiple alarm blaze. Water problems plagued the firefighting efforts. The complex is located on top of a mountain where the pressure is low and the water lines are only 6". There were no serious injuries during the blaze to either firefighters or residents of the complex.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: 16 unit apartment bldg burns
11-12-1999, 10:26 PM #1joed144Firehouse.com Guest
16 unit apartment bldg burns
11-13-1999, 01:57 AM #2Cheltcheef2Firehouse.com Guest
Sounds like they had their hands full, glad to hear no injuries to F.F.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)