On Tuesday November 23rd the Avilla Fire Department was called at 20:36 hrs. for a reported trailer fire on lot 45A in the Avilla Mobile home Park. Firefighter Tim Murphy was first on the scene and found a fire burning in the furnace and bedroom area. He evacuated the occupants and the first units were arriving. Pump 32 and Rescue 36 arrived within 4 minutes of the alarm and quick work by the firefighters had the fire under control in 15 minutes and was declared out at 21:15 hours. Units remained on the scene until 22:37 hrs. for overhaul and cleanup. The cause was traced to a faulty gas furnace. The trailer was a total loss and the occupants had no renters insurance.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Trailer Fire / Avilla, Indiana
11-24-1999, 10:32 PM #1RESCUE36Firehouse.com Guest
Trailer Fire / Avilla, Indiana
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)