Tuesday night just before 2300hrs. the Kratz family escaped their burning home after being awakened by a smoke detector in Manheim Twp. When the first arriving fire arrived fire was showing from the first, second floors, and through the roof of a 2.5 story Cape Code-style home with attached garage. The home was a complete loss with estimated damage set at $300,000. State Police fire marshal determined that the cause was electrical malfunction, starting in a first-floor bathroom exhaust fan.85 volunteers from several companies had the blaze under control by 12:30 a.m.and were on the scene till 0230. A barn fire Tuesday night around 1800 in the Quarryville area did $25,000 damage to a barn in the boro.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
12-15-1999, 10:42 PM #1Truck 2Firehouse.com Guest
Third Family Left Homeless This Week In Lancaster County Fires
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)