Paterson FireOfficers
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post NEWARK FD WAREHOUSE BLAZE

A large warehouise fire is burning out of control. All Newark units are at the scene. JCFD has also been called in to battle the blaze.

S.AmboyEngine7
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

Box 4673 191 Fabyan Pl. Several 2 Story Frame dwellings are exposed. Large scale evacuations of residences due to heavy smoke. FD reporting numerous elderly and pregnant evacuees. Red Cross to scene. Heavy fire & smoke. Co's have access problems, high winds and frigid temps hampering operations

S.AmboyEngine7
    Firehouse.com Guest

Exclamation

5th Alarm Mutual Aid from Irvington, Union, Jersey City, and several other Essex and Union County services. EMS reporting several smoke inhalation pts. EMS reports 0 visibility. Route 78 traffic will be affected. Reports of building collapse.

Kyle Wickman
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

Holy cow!!!!!!! I driving to Newark airport on I 78. There was so much smoke I thought they were going to shut down the highway. There was a engine on the overpass that you could barly see though the smoke. I heard it was a candle factory

FMBA 74

Paterson FireOfficers
    Firehouse.com Guest

FIRE DECLARED UNDER CONTROL AT 8:14PM.

NJ Firecheif
    Firehouse.com Guest

Red face

Newark NJ (Essex) Box 4673 191 Fabyan Pl. 5-5-5+++ Fire in a large 2 sty warehouse (wax factory)Fire started when 100 gallon wax vact exploded causing a massive fire and smoke which could be seen some 20 miles away. This fire quickly excelled to 5 alarms although the 5th alarm was not formally transmitted. There were conflicting reports of some 29 towns relocated or operated at this fire. By far this is the largest blaze Newark has seen in several years as at one point in the blaze All Newark Fire Department units operated at this blaze. Additionally at 6:00 pm Newark fire Headquarters ask Deputy 1 what would he like to do to start relief at the scene. Deputy 1's reply was send reliefs in to help and at this time nobody was being released. (Meaning a somewhat recall?) Fire was declared under control at 8:34pm and units are still operating at the sceen 1/18

Thread Information