A 150 year old building was damaged in a morning blaze on 1/27. The 4 story structure housed an Amish Furniture store and a three room apartment. Residents awakened to find their second floor apt. on fire. First arriving crews found heavy fire venting from a rear window. A quick interior attack held the fire to the apartment of origin. 41 FF's from Troy either responded to the scene or manned empty stations. Troy responded with 4 Engines, 1 Tower, 1 Medic, 1 Air Unit and MA was received from Piqua - 1 Tower to scene, Covington - 1 Engine to cover, Tipp City - 1 Engine & Tower to cover. Loss was set at $105,000, less than 10% of the value. With temperatures at the time of the 0757 hrs. blaze hovering at a balmy -7, this was a great stop. Best of all no one was injured.
Cause of the fire was improper use of candles by the occupant of the apt. Apparently they had five candles sitting directly on top of a dresser, no holders or anything, and fell asleep without extinguishing them.
[This message has been edited by John Denney (edited January 29, 2000).]
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
01-29-2000, 11:40 AM #1John DenneyFirehouse.com Guest
Historic Bldg. Damaged in Troy, Ohio
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)