A mid-afternoon fire on 2/6/00 damaged a home on Madison St. The initial dispatch reported a structure fire with the possibility of the 90 year old occupant still inside. First arriving crews new they had a job as the heavy smoke was visible as soon as they left Qtrs. The smoke was so bad that they did not see the adjacent house. After forcing entry, crews conducted a primary search of this one story frame residence with negative results. The fire at this time had a good hold in the attic and the roof collapsed shortly after arrival. Crews were able to contain the majority of the damage to the roof structure, although there was water and debris in the middle portion of the house. The occupant returned during the fire and TFD Members were able to save personal papers and family photos and some furniture by the timely deployment of salvage covers. Damage was set at $61,000 and the cause was electrical in nature, Knob & Tube wiring with about 18" of blown insulation on top. The resident was born in this house and had lived there all his life and is now staying with family. 11 on duty members responded with 3 Engines and the Tower. They were assisted by 11 recalled members operating 2 medic units and the air unit. Best of all no injuries.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Fire damages home in Troy
02-07-2000, 02:23 PM #1John DenneyFirehouse.com Guest
Fire damages home in Troy
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)