Thread: Reading,Pa activity
03-03-2000, 11:19 PM #1RdgFireFirehouse.com Guest
030100: A fire caused by unattended cooking caused $5,000 damage to a north Reading rowhome, injuring 1 occupant. At 2203 hours box 83, 5th & Robeson streets was transmitted for a dwelling fire at 1118 Church street. Companies arrived at 2207 hours to find smoke showing from a 3 story M.O.R. dwelling. Companies found heavy smoke inside the dwelling and removed 1 victim from the 2nd floor who was transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation. The fire which caused heavy damage to the kitchen was extinguished prior to the arrival of the FD and placed under control at 2211 hours. Companies assigned: E11,9,3,L3,R1,Medic6, C3 & 6
030100: While companies were returning to service from box 83, box 52, 9th & Marion streets was transmitted for a building fire at 947 Perry street at 2239 hours. Companies arrived at 2241 hours to find a 1 story 20x40 office building which was converted into an apartment fully involved. Companies advanced 1&3/4-inch lines and began attacking the fire. An additional truck company was special called at 2249 hours. Companies prevented the fire from extending to an attached 3 story apartment building and had the fire under control at 2311 hours. Damage to the small apartment was estimated at $5,000 and left 3 people homeless. Officials have labeled the fire suspicious and an investigation is continuing. Companies assigned : E9,11,1,L3,R1,Medic6, C3 & 6. Special call : Sn1.
030200: A teenager babysitting his 4 siblings saved them from a fire that heavily damaged his southeast Reading home. At 0019 hours box 212, 11th & Cotton streets was transmitted for a dwelling fire at 519 Maple street with people possibly trapped. Companies arrived at 0021 hours to find the 1st floor of the 2&1/2 story E.O.R. dwelling fully involved, with all occupants out & accounted for. Companies made an aggressive attack with 1&3/4-inch lines bringing the fire under control at 0049 hours.The 14 year-old, who was babysitting 4 younger siblings, was treated at the scene for minor burns. The fire caused $20,000 in damage and left the family of 6 homeless. The fire was caused by overheated electrical wiring. Companies assigned : E13,8,1,Sn1,L1,R1,Medic4, C3 & 6
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)