$250,000 damage was caused in a fire at 7:00 a.m. this morning in Bart Twp.Lancaster County,Pa.The fire appeared to start in the paint room of a Amish toy shop.100 firefighters from 5 volunteer fire companies worked to extinquish the blaze.Ben Beiler an employee at Esh's Toy was rushed to Lancaster General Hospital,then flown immediately to Crozier-Chester Burn Center in Chester,Pa.with severe burns on his face,chest and arms.By the time firefighters arrived,one part of the building was fully involved.The fire was brought under control in about one hour.There are no hydrants in this area.
Employee Ben Beiler,27,of Esh Toy Co.used a cigarette lighter to look into a 55-gallon drum of flammable lacquer,where fumes and residue ignited,triggering an explosion and fire.Beiler is in critical condition at Chester Crozer Hospital in Delaware County.The five employees of the plant made it outside the building including Beiler before that part of the building became fully involved.
Lt.Chuck
Truck-2




------------------


[This message has been edited by Truck 2 (edited April 08, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Truck 2 (edited April 08, 2000).]