On 7/17/2000
Sullivan county, station 57 was dispatched to Wilmot Twp. near the Bradford/Sullivan County Line for a structure Fire, with injuries. Upon arrival, FA Truck 57 reports nothing showing. The fire was contained to the first floor bathroom. A "Glade Plug-in" is blamed for causing the fire.An electrical outlet in the bathroom shorted , and caused the outlet to catch fire and it is believed that the plug-in, might have blown up, causing news papers, and the wall to burn. This is probably something that could be called a miricle, the home owner, was on his way out of town, and decided to stop by his house for a minute, upon entering, he detected the burning odor. If he wouldn't have decided to go home, there is a good chance the home would have been lost. The fire was mostly extinguished by the home owner before arrival of the Companies. The owner was treated on scene for smoke inhalation.

Units responding: Fast Attack Truck 57, Ambulance 157. 27- Tanker1, 27- Tanker2, 27- Engine1, 27- Brush wagon1. Damage estimated at about 500.00.