Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Citywide 173
    Firehouse.com Guest

Post Sylvania, AL VFD Fire 7/20/2000

On July 20, 2000, the Sylvania, Alabama Volunteer Fire Department suffered a tragic loss when an electrical fire in their station destroyed all of the department's equipment, including a 2000 E-One/International Pumper that was delivered on June 5, 2000.

Fireground Photos.net Online Auctions, started on July 12, 2000, has made an offer to the Sylvania, AL Volunteer Fire Department to donate all collected commissions from auctions in the month of August. I am gald to say that the offer was accepted.

Here is the hard part. I can't do this alone, I need people to place items for auction and people to bid on these auctions to make this possible. Please pass along this information, as well as stopping by and checking out the auctions yourself. If you bid, please do so generously, knowing that some of the proceeds are going to a very good cause.

Ed Burke
    Webmaster-Fireground Photos.net
    Boston Citywide Fire Radio Car 173
    http://www.firegroundphotos.net

Citywide 173
    Firehouse.com Guest

Unhappy

Well, almost a week later, and 17 items are up for auction. I had hoped that more people would have taken the time to list items, or bid on the items that are presently up for bid. I guess it's a catch 22 situation. People that want to place items up for bid want to put their auctions where people are going to bid on them, and bidders want to go where there are plenty of items to bid on.

These auctions are going to generate commissions that will go to help brother firefighters. Please have a little faith in this effort, and divert a purchase or two from one of the big auction sites, or an item or two that you wish to sell. Listing is free, and registration to bid is free.

Ed Burke
    Webmaster-Fireground Photos.net
    http://www.firegroundphotos.net

Thread Information