In Fulton County, upstate NY, the Mayfield FD responded around 11AM on Thursday, 11/09 to a structure fire.
Careless smoking by a young female led to her death, her 2 year old son, and a female cousin.
Chief reported the smoke had completely filled the structure down to the floor when first units arrived. A neighbor/good citizen attempted entry but was impeded by locked door. His rescue attempts were unsuccessful.
Mutual aid given by Broadalbin, Gloversville, Berkshire, and Pleasant Square.
[This message has been edited by GAC (edited 11-10-2000).]
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
11-10-2000, 08:19 AM #1GACFirehouse.com Guest
Mayfield NY-Triple fatal-Careless smoking
11-13-2000, 12:45 PM #2GACFirehouse.com Guest
Local media reports investigators can find NO evidence of functioning smoke detectors in this blaze.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)